Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Anthropologie Magazine

I want to feel at all times that I just stepped out of an Anthropologie Magazine. I want the whimsical colors and blend of urban with shabby chic to radiate out of my smile and and caress the aura of others. That's why the decision to purchase this bedspread was a carefully guided choice mixed with affordability and style.

I stalked the Anthropologie website for week to find a sale or a glimmer of hope to elevate me from the woefully expensive duvet I had fallen in love with. I lusted over the Georgina duvet for endless days, hunting the site for the slightest break in price. The duvet with all the given accessories, the shams, euro and dust ruffle, brought my cart total to well into the $700's. Even for a splurge this trumped my budget.

Dismayed I searched other sites. I scoured Urban Outfitters (Anthropologie's sister site), Elm Street, Pottery Barn and The Company Store but could find nothing that compared. Finally, one Tuesday came along where an item I'd overlooked posted. I overlooked the item because the site favored its poppy red companion over the muted nudes and whites. My new discovery had big bulls eye sized pinwheeled in white delicately stitched to a cream duvet. The euros were sold out and I nixed the dust ruffle, bringing my total down to $250 for the shams and duvet. A happy splurge price, considering my last bedspread lasted seven years.

A month in I'm still happy with my duvet choice and it puts a smile on my face every time I walk into my room. For immense satisfaction, hold out for what you want and what you can afford. It'll come along every time. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment