Saturday, June 1, 2013

Stalking the Delta

No trip to Athens in complete without a twirl down Greek row. I don't even know if it's called Greek row in Athens, but the name seems to fit to me. My post-conference jaunt to UGA's new Delta Delta Delta house had me in awe. While I only got to see the outside of the house, I drooled over the parking. Officers had their own parking spots.

I was secretary of my own chapter (Delta Mu) at the University of Alabama. Parking spots were coveted on sorority row and to have spots open just for officers and the abundance of girls in the house seemed like a treat.

The place was desserted. Prestine, well manicured lawn, but not a soul in sight. Driving I had imagined ringing the doorbell and having a bubbly, but skeptical sorority girl crack the door. To which I planned to answer with the DDD handshake, assuring her I was a Delta alum and coaxing her to take me on a tour. No such luck however. I snapped a few picks, posted on Instagram and Facebook and went on my way.


I was also able to snap a pic of the Pi Kappa Phi house. My father was archon at the University of Alabama chapter for 2 years, so it seemed dutiful that I pay my respects even in Athens.


No comments:

Post a Comment